Microsoft Windows Data Recovery
Data loss is only temporary and Eric’s Computer Services helps customers every day. I provide Microsoft Windows data recovery for software and hardware system drives and PC formatted drives.
Since 2003, Eric’s Computer Services has helped over a thousand customers with computer data, data migrations, data recovery, and data backups from Windows desktop computers, laptops, servers, and tablets running Microsoft Windows operating systems.
PC Laptop and Desktop Recovery
I specialize in recovering data from all types of devices including desktop computers, laptops, servers, and tablets running the Microsoft Windows operating system. I routinely rescue lost pictures, Microsoft Office documents, databases, Quickbooks files. email, videos, and other critical data for individuals, small businesses, and organizations.
Types of Windows Data Recovery
- Laptop, Desktop, Server, Gaming PC, Tablet Recovery
- Hardware recovery including drives with failed read/write heads, firmware repair, PCB repair, bad sectors, media damage
- Software recovery including deleted files, deleted folders, formatted partitions, RAW partitions, corrupted files systems, virtual machine recovery
Professional data recovery services are now available.
Data Recovery Windows 10
I can help you get data back from Windows 10 computers if the files were deleted, formatted or lost data due to virus attack, hard disk failure, system crash or Windows 10 update. Do you know what caused your data loss? Here are some of the causes that lead to data loss in Windows 10:
- Improper operations: accidental deletion, formatting or partition deletion, etc.
- Failed Windows 10 update
- Virus or malware attack
- Hard drive or storage device failure
- Power failures, power outages, brownouts
- Dropped hard drives
- Spilled water or liquid damage
Windows 10 Home, Pro, Pro for workstations, S, Enterprise and Enterprise LTSC are the most common versions. Other versions include Education, Pro Education, X, IoT, Team and the discontinued Mobile, and Mobile Enterprise.
Previous Versions of Windows
I offer recovery and assistance with previous versions of Windows such as:
Windows 8 and 8.1
Windows 8, the successor to Windows 7, was released in 2012. While most users have upgraded to Windows 10, some users are still on Windows 8. Windows 8 included the user interface based around Microsoft’s Metro design. Other changes include increased with OneDrive, and a new variant known as Windows RT for use on devices that utilize the ARM architecture. The updated Windows 8.1, was released in October of 2013 and included updates and revisions. Windows 8 has four editions Core, Pro, Enterprise, and RT.
Windows 7, Microsoft’s “best operating system ever” according to many users was released in 2009 and was officially retired in 2020. Windows 7 felt like a big step on from Vista in terms of the overall interface, which looked far more modern, and was more user-friendly and streamlined. Windows 7 was intended to be a more focused, incremental upgrade to the Windows line, and even years after the release of Windows 10, Windows 7 remains used. While Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, and Enterprise are the most common, the Starter, Home Basic, and Ultimate editions exist.
Windows XP is a personal computer operating system produced by Microsoft as part of the Windows NT family of operating systems in 2001. Often abbreviated as XP, Microsoft Windows XP was code-named Whistler and is short for Windows eXPerience. It was developed by Microsoft to help bridge the gap between Windows 98/ME and Windows NT/2000. Windows XP was available as an upgrade for Windows 98, ME, and 2000 users. The two primary versions of Windows XP are Windows XP Home Edition and Windows XP Professional.
I can help to recover older versions of Windows such as Windows Vista, 2000, ME, 98, 95, 3.1, DOS that have a missing or lost data from hard drive after a hard drive crash. I can even rescue lost or erased data due to accidental deletion, formatting hard drive, improper conversion of file system, Master Boot Record corruption and other reasons on Windows Vista or earlier systems. I work with various interfaces like IDE, SATA, SAS and so on. Apart from hard disk drives, I also support retrieval of data from other storage devices like external hard drives, flash drives, memory cards, SSD drives, etc
NTFS, FAT32, and exFAT File Systems
Microsoft Windows data recovery generally deals with three different file systems which are NTFS, FAT32 and exFAT:
- NTFS is the most common and modern PC file system. When you install Windows, it formats your system drive with the NTFS file system by default. NTFS has been used from Windows XP to Windows 10. NTFS supports file permissions for security, a change journal, shadow copies, encryption, file compression, disk quota limits, hard links, and other features.
- FAT32 is the oldest of the three file systems available to Windows. It is not as efficient as NTFS and doesn’t support as big a feature set, but does offer greater compatibility with other operating systems. It is generally found on older versions of Windows and sometimes smaller capacity flash drives. Individual files on a FAT32 drive have a maximum file size of 4GB. FAT32 just works – You can use it on Windows, Mac, Linux, most game consoles, or most computing devices with a USB port.
- exFAT is optimized for external hard drives. It is a modern replacement for FAT32 but does not have all the bloat of NTFS, since it is not just as an OS drive. More devices and operating systems support it than NTFS but it’s not nearly as widespread as FAT32. It is commonly used on external hard drives to allow share on files between a macOS computer and Windows PC. exFAT offers more compatibility than NTFS.
- I also offer support for legacy FAT12, and FAT16 file systems
Tools of the Trade
All reputable data recovery companies should have what I would be considered the “tools of the trade” to provide proper services to their clients. I offer data transfers, software recoveries, hardware recovery for physically failed devices, backup solutions and over a decade of the experience in the industry.